Tuesday, 27 April 2010

Exhibit 1. The Lesser-Spotted Katie in Corfu.


After many evenings of wondering just what Aris had been poring over, typing frantically, smoking endless Davidoffs and scratching his increasingly 'rustic' beard, I have finally been allowed a peek at the future literary success that is the Corfu Olive Oil Blog.

Allow me to introduce myself. I was born 21 and a half years ago in Belfast, the youngest child of star-crossed parents (Romeo and Juliette never had petrol bombs...). This has embued me with an innate sense of balance (I'm also a Libra, which speaks reams to those who follow the spewings of Shelley von Strunkel) and the ability to see things from all angles. Without allowing this to become a Curriculum Vitae, I am an avid reader of both The Economist and Heat and my most visited websites are BBC News and Perez Hilton. I was a straight A student, and until recently was studying French and Spanish at the illustrious (and dour) Kings College London. Having completed two years of my four year degree, I balked at the idea of transposing all my worldly possessions to Madrid and Paris, respectively, and decided instead to 'find myself' which has resulted in becoming the PA for an effervescent (read ADHD) North London Jewish Businessman and transposing all my wordly possessions to Corfu...

But enough about me, now to discuss the 'we'. I am the yin to Aris' yang, the Remus to his Romulus, the... Czech Republic to his Slovakia... the... you get the deguerrotype...
Essentially, I will temper his boyish enthusiasm with my harsh Irish ways (cf. The Famine) and infuse his stoicism with enough whimsy to put Elsie and Frances to shame.

So just for an update: Aristide and I have moved into the glorious Hertfordshire countryside with his oft hilarious but always affable mana and the future awaits...

No comments:

Post a Comment